View Single Post
Old Friday, May 31, 2013
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 20Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

drvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to all
Default @Kal3m & salman habib9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal3m View Post
Respected Sir, I would like to ask you about the books you consulted for IH&C, As my optional is the same and I did appear in 2012 too, My score was 118 in Islamic History. I need to improve my marks in it. The books I have are Mazhar ul Haq's twin books, K. Ali's book, P.K hitti's short Islamic History and JWT's exam cram series.

Besides book suggestions, I am interested in knowing that whether we should quote the references from books or not? And should we divide the answer in different segments through headings or a simple plain answer would suffice? What are the tricks to get good score in this subject with reference to your experience.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Books i consulted.
1.Hitti for Paper 1 and 2 (Read it v selectively otherwise you will not memorize it)
2.Moors in Spain by Stanley Lane Pole,read only for spain part as it is the most important part in paper 2.That book is rare in market.you can downloaf from internet and one of the best books to quote as reference.

3.Faridi's Most important Question's book.That is a short but informative book
4.Sohail Bhatti for caliphs,pre islamic conditions and Some other few topics.

Draw maps if possible like i drew maps in question regarding conquest of Walid 1.Try to attempt paper different from others,make it simple and easy to be read by examiner if you want to snatch some extra marks.

Give proper headings in nearly all questions.

You can quote aayat, ahadees and well sayings.

one of the most important thing is to manage time and give equal time to all the questions
Regards.
faizanbari786 (Friday, May 31, 2013), isha saeed (Friday, May 31, 2013)